- Darren Smith European Dsquad Tri Camp - Morzine, France 21 Jun 2013
- Tenerife Swim Faster Camp with Dan Bullock from Swim For Tri 15 Feb 2014
Stay Up To Date
Why not keep ahead of the latest camps and seminars by joining the Tri Dynamic newsletter. Being a part of the Tri Dynamic community allows you to get priority booking for camps well ahead of normal release on the website. Sign up today!
Coaches Top Tip
- Try hard or perform well? Which is preferred for your brain surgeon? It's the same for athletes. Train for performance, not effort.
- In the spring you may begin to feel bullet-proof. Resist the temptation to leap tall buildings. Patience!
- The harder your hard workouts, the easier your easy ones.
- Want to be excellent? Everyone has the desire to excel; few have the will to make it happen.
- You can't make a tired muscle stronger. You can only improve its endurance.
- Being 100% healthy is more important than being 100% fit. Don't force it in the early stages of injury or illness. Back off.
- For the experienced athlete, intensity, not volume, is the key.
- I discover who I am when I race.
- Training your muscles is much more important than training your heart.
- Training is science. Racing is art.
- True champions win, but they also know how to lose.
- Swimmers, golfers and tennis players practice skills daily. Too many runners and cyclists just run and ride.
- Everyone has the will to win. It's the will to work that makes winners.
- The closer to your A-priority race the less important volume becomes and the more important intensity & duration become.
- Focus on the process, not the outcome.
- The 2 main elements of recovery are sleep and nutrition. Neglect either and recovery is prolonged.
- Whether you're a pro or novice, only 3 things can be changed in workouts: frequency (how often), intensity (how hard), duration (how long).
- When you come into top form you experience physical changes that border on astonishing.
- Do you accept setbacks as steps on the way to success or as signs you simply can't do it?
- Discipline: how important to you are nutrition, sleep, periodization, goal setting, sport skills, attitude, health, strength?
- What does it take to be mentally tough for sport? Dedication. Discipline. Confidence. Perseverance.
- The most common mistake athletes make? Not enough rest. Rest is when fitness happens.
- No dreams, no goals and no priorities means permanent mediocrity.
- The bigger your athletic goals, the more your lifestyle must be focused on achieving them.
- Most athletes don't get how important movement economy is. Most would go faster from improved economy than from improved VO2max.
- As you approach race day your training should become more like the race. This is the foundation of periodization.
- The common denominator for all of the best athletes I have known is a 'can-do' attitude.
- Four words are the keys to success for top performers: Just a little more.
- Good athletes don't become good by training randomly. You need a plan to achieve your goals and purpose for each workout.
- Do the least amount of most specific training at appropriate times that produces the desired results. All else is overtraining.
- I see many goals that are actually wishes - vague desires for grand achievements that are poorly defined. Clarity is needed for success.
- Recovery is just as important as a hard workout. Train hard. Rest harder.
- Racing is how I find out who I am, what my limits are, and how I can overcome them.
- Best way to improve running? Frequency. Most common cause of running injuries? Frequency.
- A hard workout only creates the potential for fitness. It's realized when you allow for recovery.
- Peak athletic success takes months and years, not hours and days. Be patient and train consistently.
- High frequency improves sport skill efficiency. High duration does the opposite.
- Consistent and moderate training are the keys to success in endurance sport.
- To run or climb faster remove excess weight, increase muscular power, or, preferably, both. It's hard to be fast dragging an anchor.
- 1 pound of excess fat costs roughly 1.5 watts on a climb and 2 seconds per mile when running a 10k.
- The fastest way to raise your VO2max is to lose excess weight.
- If you haven't changed your mind on how you train in 2 years, check your pulse. You may be dead.
- In order to find your limits, it is sometimes necessary to exceed them. But rarely.
Tri Dynamic is delighted to have teamed up with some of the most recognisable and successful sports brands in the world as Official Partners for our training camps, coaching seminars and events.
Blue Competition Cycles – Official Bike Partner to Tri Dynamic
Beginning with a small team of dedicated cycling professionals, we have set out to build the best racing bikes in the world. We carefully choose the right materials, combine that with engineering expertise, add to that the knowledge that comes from decades of racing experience all to produce a frameset that is designed with one purpose in mind - create bicycles that are built to win.
And have we met our goal? You be the judge. In just three short years, the athletes riding Blue have won nearly every major road race in North America. Our bikes have helped riders win NRC Championships as well as multiple national championships in numerous countries on the road, in time trials, and in the velodrome. We built frames that have carried their riders to the podiums of UCI and ITU World Cup races. They've won UCI cyclocross races, Xterra Championships and a 24 hour MTB US National Championship. They have raced successfully in UCI World Championships and the Olympics. They've helped to bring home the Gold at Pam Am Games time trial and Pan Am Games road race (twice). We've won numerous national championships in triathlon - from juniors to elites. We have won an ITU Duathlon World Championship. And there's been medals of every colour - including gold - at the ITU Triathlon World Championships as well. And we’re only getting started.
So check out the 2011 Blue Competition Cycles line-up and start planning your trip to the podium today.
blueseventy - Official Wetsuit Partner to Tri Dynamic
Since 1993, we’ve designed, tested, refined and crafted wetsuits and swimskins that transcend the confines of what is possible. In the process, we’ve carried world-class athletes to victory and instilled confidence in beginners.
We swim. We compete. We obsess – poring over details that others have and will continue to miss; revolutionary details that equate to comfort, freedom from restriction and competitive advantage. We make products that empower swimmers to achieve their personal bests.
We are swimming. We are blueseventy.
For more info visit blueseventy
CycleOps Power - Official Power Partner to Tri Dynamic
At CycleOps, we realize at the soul of every cyclist is a better cyclist. A better athlete. A better and faster you. And our complete system of products is designed to help you find this inner power. For more than 15 years, we’ve been designing cutting-edge training tools for cyclists and triathletes looking to improve their performance. From power meters to computers to education to software to indoor trainers…and more. CycleOps has you covered. Find your power at http://www.cycleops.com/. The Power Is In You.
PowerBar – Official Nutrition Partner to Tri Dynamic
PowerBar is the creator and worldwide leader of the international sports nutrition bar category. Nestlé S.A., the world’s largest food and beverage company, owns PowerBar. Backed by decades of sports nutrition experience, PowerBar’s product line includes a full spectrum of great-tasting food and beverage options developed to help meet the nutrition and energy needs of everyone from athletes to individuals seeking more active, healthier lifestyles. The company’s products are distributed internationally in more than 40 countries. PowerBar proudly fuels world-class athletes and premier events including the Marathon world record holder, Haile Gebrselassie, triathlete & former Ironman World Champion, Faris al Sultan and the Boston and ING New York City Marathons. PowerBar is also the Official Global Sponsor of Ironman as well as the Tour de France and Team HTC-Columbia.
Skinfit – Official Clothing Partner to Tri Dynamic
LIVE THE SKINFIT LIFESTYLE.
With the beautiful mountains of Austria at our doorstep, we grew up in the great outdoors. For us, mountaineering, cycling, running, swimming, climbing, cross-country skiing, ski-touring, and cross-training are not simply sports, they are our life-long passion.
Just as we push our bodies to the limit, we design clothing to meet the rigorous demands of the outdoor athlete – without compromise. Functionality and comfort are paramount to us. Add a timeless European design and style to our quality product and you end up with sports apparel that enhances your active lifestyle instead of inhibiting it.
We are a different kind of sports apparel company. We do not follow every fashion fad and trend. Instead we put all our energy into designing and manufacturing products that truly improve your athletic experience. Endurance sports are our passion, we put this passion into every one of our products.
We are excited to bring this unique high quality European brand to the North American market and formally establish Skinfit USA. Our entire team consists of sports enthusiasts who are active in their local communities.
TheTriTouch.co.uk - Official Massage Therapy Partner of Tri Dynamic
Tri Dynamic is delighted to recommend TheTriTouch as our Official Massage Therapy Partners. TheTriTouch is a sports massage company specialising in triathletes, cyclists, runners and swimmers. The company is headed by founder Aurélie Almeida with clinics at Sigma Sport (Hampton Wick), Oxford, Sevenoaks, Kenilworth and London. TheTriTouch also offers triathlon specific stretching sessions. Please download the photo guide here. All Tri Dynamic camp participants benefit from a 50% discount on their first full sports massage session with TheTriTouch. Please contact Aurelie to book on 07816 857574.
Sports Massage has been recognised as an essential therapy to athletes since the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. It helps to prevent injuries, speed up recovery, and relieve discomfort, stiffness and pain. It also contributes to sport performance. You can find more information on TheTriTouch Recover Quicker - Train Harder - Perform Better.
Follow TheTriTouch on Twitter
TheSufferfest.com - Official Training Download Partner to Tri Dynamic
Find out why everyone is talking about The Sufferfest - our six video downloads will change how you think about indoor training. Pro racing, brilliant music, interval workouts & on-screen instructions!
At Sufferfest Studios, we make the hardest, most exciting, most get-on-your-bike-and-suffer-your-ass-off cycling training videos in the world. And we strive to deliver the best customer service in the industry. The Sufferlandrian community deserves nothing less. These are a great way to enjoy your training indoors.
Our DOWNLOADABLE videos are the only ones to feature officially licensed footage from professional race organisers like the ASO and the UCI, brilliant, hand-picked music, and structured workouts that you simply need to follow.
For More Info Visit TheSufferfest website
Shock Absorber - Official Camp Partner to Joe Friel Women Only Barcelona Triathlon Camp
Shock Absorber is the UK's leading sports bra brand and have been providing expert sport bra support for 15 years. Shock Absorber is the Official Camp Partner for the Tri Dynamic Joe Friel Barcelona Women Only Triathlon Camp from 8th-15th April 2011. You can now enter the Shock Absorber Women Only Triathlon at Dorney Lake, Eton, in support of Breast Cancer Care and in conjunction with Human Race events on July 2nd 2011.There are three distances available and each of them can be entered as an individual or part of a relay team. For more information on their range of sports bras and stockists go to: http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/ and check out their Facebook page.
Tri Dynamic is also proud to be affiliated with:
Kinetic Personal Best is astate of the art training centre in Cuevas del Almanzora in sunny Andalucía, SE Spain. The venue was originally built in 2004 for the rowing and canoeing events of the 2005 Mediterranean games. This spectacular €14.5m development has been developed into a training lodge and event centre for triathletes, cyclists and swimmers by Kinetic PB. This warm weather training destination has fantastic cycling, a 1150m swimming lake, 25m indoor heated pool and white sandy beaches in the driest and sunniest microclimate in continental Europe. There is also a permanent transition area and chip timing system at the facility so you will be able to accurately measure your training times and transitions. The Tri Lodge at Kinetic PB is surrounded by varied cycling and running routes with mountains, flat, rolling, time trials and coastal routes all on quiet roads. There is something to suit all abilities.
For more info visit the Kinetic PB website.
ElbamanElbaman is the Italian National Long Distance Triathlon Championship and has established itself as one of the best independent triathlons in Europe. Elba is a beautiful island off the Tuscany coast with crystal clear waters, golden sandy beaches and challenging hills. Elbaman originated in 2004 and is organised by Marco Scotti. It features both a full Iron distance and Half Iron distance event. It was recently voted by 220 Triathlon Magazine as one of the top 6 European Middle Distance races and in the top 10 worldwide Iron-distance races by Triathlete magazine. For more info visit Elbaman website
Endurance Rehabilitation, Scottsdale, Arizona
Tri Dynamic is delighted to recommend Endurance Rehabilitation in Scottsdale, Arizona. Nathan Koch founded Endurance Rehab in 2003. Since then they have been nationally recognized for their treatment and testing protocols with endurance athletes. Endurance Rehab has been featured on Channel 3, Active.Com, Arizona Republic, Sweat Magazine, Pez Cycling.Com and Competitor Magazine. They currently write a monthly article for Triathlete Magazine. Each month they focus on training tips and techniques. Click here to see the latest tip, or check out previous Articles for more training advice. They treat professional athletes, Olympians, race car drivers, ultrarunners, Pro triathletes as well as everyday recreational athletes. Endurance Rehab is also the official Training Centre for Joe Friel’s TrainingBible Coaching, the most premier endurance coaching service in the US. Nathan has a dedicated staff of the best Physical Therapists in the US who look after their clients.
Visit Endurance Rehab
TRIfinder.co.uk is a UK based triathlon website specialising in triathlon, duathlon and aquathlon. With over 1000 multisport events in their database they offer athletes a place to find their events, plan their race season, find race results, and catch-up on the latest triathlon news, product reviews and training advice from top UK triathlon coaches. For more info visit TRIfinder website
TENERIFE TOP TRAINING (T3)
Tenerife Top Training, the world's most modern training centre! The T3 training centre is located in La Caleta, a picturesque fishing village on Costa Adeje, in the South of Tenerife, Canary Islands (Spain). The unique climate assures mild temperatures that vary between 20 and 25 degrees all year round make this the ideal spot for your training. T3 is a place that aspires to become a worldwide reference point in the preparation of amateur and elite sports-people, but which does not neglect those who just want to enjoy their favorite sport. It is also the Official training venue for the Commerzbank Triathlon Team which includes Normann Stadler, Marino Vanhoenacker and Timo Bracht. Visit Tenerife Top Training’s website