- Italian BIG WEEK Camp with Will Newbery - 1 PLACE NOW AVAILABLE 10 May 2014
- Darren Smith Dsquad AG Tri Camp, Morzine - LIMITED PLACES 4 Jul 2014
Stay Up To Date
Why not keep ahead of the latest camps and seminars by joining the Tri Dynamic newsletter. Being a part of the Tri Dynamic community allows you to get priority booking for camps well ahead of normal release on the website. Sign up today!
Coaches Top Tip
- Try hard or perform well? Which is preferred for your brain surgeon? It's the same for athletes. Train for performance, not effort.
- In the spring you may begin to feel bullet-proof. Resist the temptation to leap tall buildings. Patience!
- The harder your hard workouts, the easier your easy ones.
- Want to be excellent? Everyone has the desire to excel; few have the will to make it happen.
- You can't make a tired muscle stronger. You can only improve its endurance.
- Being 100% healthy is more important than being 100% fit. Don't force it in the early stages of injury or illness. Back off.
- For the experienced athlete, intensity, not volume, is the key.
- I discover who I am when I race.
- Training your muscles is much more important than training your heart.
- Training is science. Racing is art.
- True champions win, but they also know how to lose.
- Swimmers, golfers and tennis players practice skills daily. Too many runners and cyclists just run and ride.
- Everyone has the will to win. It's the will to work that makes winners.
- The closer to your A-priority race the less important volume becomes and the more important intensity & duration become.
- Focus on the process, not the outcome.
- The 2 main elements of recovery are sleep and nutrition. Neglect either and recovery is prolonged.
- Whether you're a pro or novice, only 3 things can be changed in workouts: frequency (how often), intensity (how hard), duration (how long).
- When you come into top form you experience physical changes that border on astonishing.
- Do you accept setbacks as steps on the way to success or as signs you simply can't do it?
- Discipline: how important to you are nutrition, sleep, periodization, goal setting, sport skills, attitude, health, strength?
- What does it take to be mentally tough for sport? Dedication. Discipline. Confidence. Perseverance.
- The most common mistake athletes make? Not enough rest. Rest is when fitness happens.
- No dreams, no goals and no priorities means permanent mediocrity.
- The bigger your athletic goals, the more your lifestyle must be focused on achieving them.
- Most athletes don't get how important movement economy is. Most would go faster from improved economy than from improved VO2max.
- As you approach race day your training should become more like the race. This is the foundation of periodization.
- The common denominator for all of the best athletes I have known is a 'can-do' attitude.
- Four words are the keys to success for top performers: Just a little more.
- Good athletes don't become good by training randomly. You need a plan to achieve your goals and purpose for each workout.
- Do the least amount of most specific training at appropriate times that produces the desired results. All else is overtraining.
- I see many goals that are actually wishes - vague desires for grand achievements that are poorly defined. Clarity is needed for success.
- Recovery is just as important as a hard workout. Train hard. Rest harder.
- Racing is how I find out who I am, what my limits are, and how I can overcome them.
- Best way to improve running? Frequency. Most common cause of running injuries? Frequency.
- A hard workout only creates the potential for fitness. It's realized when you allow for recovery.
- Peak athletic success takes months and years, not hours and days. Be patient and train consistently.
- High frequency improves sport skill efficiency. High duration does the opposite.
- Consistent and moderate training are the keys to success in endurance sport.
- To run or climb faster remove excess weight, increase muscular power, or, preferably, both. It's hard to be fast dragging an anchor.
- 1 pound of excess fat costs roughly 1.5 watts on a climb and 2 seconds per mile when running a 10k.
- The fastest way to raise your VO2max is to lose excess weight.
- If you haven't changed your mind on how you train in 2 years, check your pulse. You may be dead.
- In order to find your limits, it is sometimes necessary to exceed them. But rarely.
Mallorca Spring Triathlon Camp with Joe Friel - SOLD OUT (WAITING LIST)
*JOE FRIEL CAMP NOW SOLD OUT*
Facilities – BEST Centre Mallorca
The area is the perfect venue for a triathlon training camp due to the fantastic facilities across all three sports which are available including a state-of-the-art, outdoor 10 lane 50m pool with permanent video cameras installed at the underwater viewing windows. Everything is within a few minutes’ walk from our fantastic 4* hotel which we will be staying at including access to a fantastic 10k soft surface running trail which is ideal for run training and brick sessions.
There is superb sheltered open water swimming off the immaculate beaches and crystal clear water on either side of the town. The island of Mallorca is a cyclist’s haven because of the excellent road conditions and the quality of challenging terrain. Take a trip up to the mountains, with peaks higher than any in the UK, or ride the undulating terrain around Colonia Sant Jordi in the south and east coasts to build endurance or along the coast roads for recovery rides. For your hill reps, the renowned climbs of Son Salvador and Randa are just 20-30km away. Around Colonia Sant Jordi is some superb running. There are trails through the woodland behind Es Trenc Beach in 3.4km, 4.4km, 6.4 and 8km loops, as well as measured-distance flat runs on the quiet roads outside the town. But nothing is better than running along the wide, coastal pathways looking across the water to the island of Cabrera.
This camp with Joe Friel is ideal for triathletes of all abilities whether you are preparing for your first Sprint of Olympic distance race or more seasoned Ironman 70.3 and Ironman competitors. Tri Dynamic camps with Joe Friel always have a friendly mix of nationalities and abilities with athletes making new friendships that continue throughout the race season with many of our customers meeting up at races or at future Tri Dynamic Camps. We have had novice triathletes right up to Ironman World Championship qualifiers as well as European & World Age Group medallists. There will be three different ability groups riding different length routes/duration each day so all abilities from beginner, intermediate to advanced will be covered with the ability to drop back a group on recovery days.
For more information on what is included please click below:
Join Joe Friel in beautiful Mallorca for this amazing early season triathlon training camp!
|More Information: Click here to download document|