- Mallorca Spring Triathlon Camp with Joe Friel - SOLD OUT (WAITING LIST) 15 Mar 2014
- Italian BIG WEEK Camp with Will Newbery - SOLD OUT (WAITING LIST) 10 May 2014
- Darren Smith Dsquad AG Tri Camp, Morzine - LIMITED PLACES 4 Jul 2014
Stay Up To Date
Why not keep ahead of the latest camps and seminars by joining the Tri Dynamic newsletter. Being a part of the Tri Dynamic community allows you to get priority booking for camps well ahead of normal release on the website. Sign up today!
Coaches Top Tip
- Try hard or perform well? Which is preferred for your brain surgeon? It's the same for athletes. Train for performance, not effort.
- In the spring you may begin to feel bullet-proof. Resist the temptation to leap tall buildings. Patience!
- The harder your hard workouts, the easier your easy ones.
- Want to be excellent? Everyone has the desire to excel; few have the will to make it happen.
- You can't make a tired muscle stronger. You can only improve its endurance.
- Being 100% healthy is more important than being 100% fit. Don't force it in the early stages of injury or illness. Back off.
- For the experienced athlete, intensity, not volume, is the key.
- I discover who I am when I race.
- Training your muscles is much more important than training your heart.
- Training is science. Racing is art.
- True champions win, but they also know how to lose.
- Swimmers, golfers and tennis players practice skills daily. Too many runners and cyclists just run and ride.
- Everyone has the will to win. It's the will to work that makes winners.
- The closer to your A-priority race the less important volume becomes and the more important intensity & duration become.
- Focus on the process, not the outcome.
- The 2 main elements of recovery are sleep and nutrition. Neglect either and recovery is prolonged.
- Whether you're a pro or novice, only 3 things can be changed in workouts: frequency (how often), intensity (how hard), duration (how long).
- When you come into top form you experience physical changes that border on astonishing.
- Do you accept setbacks as steps on the way to success or as signs you simply can't do it?
- Discipline: how important to you are nutrition, sleep, periodization, goal setting, sport skills, attitude, health, strength?
- What does it take to be mentally tough for sport? Dedication. Discipline. Confidence. Perseverance.
- The most common mistake athletes make? Not enough rest. Rest is when fitness happens.
- No dreams, no goals and no priorities means permanent mediocrity.
- The bigger your athletic goals, the more your lifestyle must be focused on achieving them.
- Most athletes don't get how important movement economy is. Most would go faster from improved economy than from improved VO2max.
- As you approach race day your training should become more like the race. This is the foundation of periodization.
- The common denominator for all of the best athletes I have known is a 'can-do' attitude.
- Four words are the keys to success for top performers: Just a little more.
- Good athletes don't become good by training randomly. You need a plan to achieve your goals and purpose for each workout.
- Do the least amount of most specific training at appropriate times that produces the desired results. All else is overtraining.
- I see many goals that are actually wishes - vague desires for grand achievements that are poorly defined. Clarity is needed for success.
- Recovery is just as important as a hard workout. Train hard. Rest harder.
- Racing is how I find out who I am, what my limits are, and how I can overcome them.
- Best way to improve running? Frequency. Most common cause of running injuries? Frequency.
- A hard workout only creates the potential for fitness. It's realized when you allow for recovery.
- Peak athletic success takes months and years, not hours and days. Be patient and train consistently.
- High frequency improves sport skill efficiency. High duration does the opposite.
- Consistent and moderate training are the keys to success in endurance sport.
- To run or climb faster remove excess weight, increase muscular power, or, preferably, both. It's hard to be fast dragging an anchor.
- 1 pound of excess fat costs roughly 1.5 watts on a climb and 2 seconds per mile when running a 10k.
- The fastest way to raise your VO2max is to lose excess weight.
- If you haven't changed your mind on how you train in 2 years, check your pulse. You may be dead.
- In order to find your limits, it is sometimes necessary to exceed them. But rarely.
Joe Friel High Attention Lanzarote Triathlon Camp
*LIMITED ROOMS LEFT - BOOK SOON TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT*
This camp is the perfect way to kick start your best triathlon season ever by spending a week training with and learning from Joe Friel, who has written bestselling books The Triathlete's Training Bible, Going Long and Your Best Triathlon. The camp is perfectly timed for athletes looking to benefit from world class coaching, escape the cold and rain at home and get in a week of warm weather training. We believe in training hard but you don't need to compromise on the level of accommodation and comfort when you come on a Tri Dynamic camp so you can relax and recover better between workouts. We have carefully selected TriSports Lanzarote where you will stay in a luxurious detached villa with its own fantastic 25m onsite pool. There is a wide range of fantastic freshly prepared and nutritious breakfasts, lunches and evening meals for the athletes made on the premises each day to ensure you receive excellent nutrition to aid recovery and adaptation between workouts with Joe Friel. This camp is perfect for you if you are want high attention coaching, luxury accommodation, delicious food, challenging rides and an early season skills and fitness boost.
There will be different ability groups on the bike rides so everyone will have a training partner of similar ability and you can do as much or as little as you want on this camp with Joe Friel. Athletes of all abilities from Sprint to Iron distance and duathletes are all welcome on the camp and will benefit from the expert individual coaching of Joe Friel who has worked with Age Group and PRO triathletes for 30 years. By the time you’ve finished this camp you will be more knowledgeable in all three disciplines as well as able to train smarter and see big performance improvements.
Lanzarote is famous for its excellent cycling routes and year round sunshine. The bike routes we will ride are some of the most breathtaking in the world, with expert guides with local knowledge and bike routes that cater to all abilities. There are fantastic run routes with a choice of distances and terrain. The sea at nearby Puerto Del Carmen and the beach is a short 5km ride or transfer away where you will do your open water swim workouts with Joe Friel and swim on the Lanzarote course and check out the run course along the Boulevard. Transport and vehicle support will be provided on all long rides. Each day on the camp we will be riding around the amazing terrain that Lanzarote has to offer including on sections of the course of both the half and full distance races in Lanzarote. Every evening there will be valuable classroom sessions with Joe Friel to go over the day’s activities covering key topics for racing well and to review the video analysis from the day’s activities.
You will stay in a newly renovated stunning Villa, set in amazing countryside. The villa is perfect for relaxing after a hard days training with friendly and comfortable surroundings, large chill-out comfortable lounge and seating areas for relaxing, or utilizing the free WiFi and UK TV. There are a limited number of Super King En-suite Rooms for Single occupancy, Super King Single occupancy rooms with spacious shared facilities or twin rooms to share with another camp participant. Early booking is advisable as there are only 8 spaces available and rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis. There is also a gym, onsite heated pool and bike mechanic area with onsite mechanic to assemble bikes. With all this plus breakfasts, lunches and snacks and 5 night’s dinners included, you can simply focus on enjoying training and relaxing. Transfers from Lanzarote Arrecife Airport are included in the price so all you need to do is book your flights and leave the rest up to us. Book early as places are limited. For more information on what is included please click below.
Spend a week in sunny Lanzarote learning from coaching legend Joe Friel.
|More Information: Click here to download document|