- Mallorca Spring Triathlon Camp with Joe Friel - SOLD OUT (WAITING LIST) 15 Mar 2014
- Italian BIG WEEK Camp with Will Newbery - SOLD OUT (WAITING LIST) 10 May 2014
- Darren Smith Dsquad AG Tri Camp, Morzine - LIMITED PLACES 4 Jul 2014
Stay Up To Date
Why not keep ahead of the latest camps and seminars by joining the Tri Dynamic newsletter. Being a part of the Tri Dynamic community allows you to get priority booking for camps well ahead of normal release on the website. Sign up today!
Coaches Top Tip
- Try hard or perform well? Which is preferred for your brain surgeon? It's the same for athletes. Train for performance, not effort.
- In the spring you may begin to feel bullet-proof. Resist the temptation to leap tall buildings. Patience!
- The harder your hard workouts, the easier your easy ones.
- Want to be excellent? Everyone has the desire to excel; few have the will to make it happen.
- You can't make a tired muscle stronger. You can only improve its endurance.
- Being 100% healthy is more important than being 100% fit. Don't force it in the early stages of injury or illness. Back off.
- For the experienced athlete, intensity, not volume, is the key.
- I discover who I am when I race.
- Training your muscles is much more important than training your heart.
- Training is science. Racing is art.
- True champions win, but they also know how to lose.
- Swimmers, golfers and tennis players practice skills daily. Too many runners and cyclists just run and ride.
- Everyone has the will to win. It's the will to work that makes winners.
- The closer to your A-priority race the less important volume becomes and the more important intensity & duration become.
- Focus on the process, not the outcome.
- The 2 main elements of recovery are sleep and nutrition. Neglect either and recovery is prolonged.
- Whether you're a pro or novice, only 3 things can be changed in workouts: frequency (how often), intensity (how hard), duration (how long).
- When you come into top form you experience physical changes that border on astonishing.
- Do you accept setbacks as steps on the way to success or as signs you simply can't do it?
- Discipline: how important to you are nutrition, sleep, periodization, goal setting, sport skills, attitude, health, strength?
- What does it take to be mentally tough for sport? Dedication. Discipline. Confidence. Perseverance.
- The most common mistake athletes make? Not enough rest. Rest is when fitness happens.
- No dreams, no goals and no priorities means permanent mediocrity.
- The bigger your athletic goals, the more your lifestyle must be focused on achieving them.
- Most athletes don't get how important movement economy is. Most would go faster from improved economy than from improved VO2max.
- As you approach race day your training should become more like the race. This is the foundation of periodization.
- The common denominator for all of the best athletes I have known is a 'can-do' attitude.
- Four words are the keys to success for top performers: Just a little more.
- Good athletes don't become good by training randomly. You need a plan to achieve your goals and purpose for each workout.
- Do the least amount of most specific training at appropriate times that produces the desired results. All else is overtraining.
- I see many goals that are actually wishes - vague desires for grand achievements that are poorly defined. Clarity is needed for success.
- Recovery is just as important as a hard workout. Train hard. Rest harder.
- Racing is how I find out who I am, what my limits are, and how I can overcome them.
- Best way to improve running? Frequency. Most common cause of running injuries? Frequency.
- A hard workout only creates the potential for fitness. It's realized when you allow for recovery.
- Peak athletic success takes months and years, not hours and days. Be patient and train consistently.
- High frequency improves sport skill efficiency. High duration does the opposite.
- Consistent and moderate training are the keys to success in endurance sport.
- To run or climb faster remove excess weight, increase muscular power, or, preferably, both. It's hard to be fast dragging an anchor.
- 1 pound of excess fat costs roughly 1.5 watts on a climb and 2 seconds per mile when running a 10k.
- The fastest way to raise your VO2max is to lose excess weight.
- If you haven't changed your mind on how you train in 2 years, check your pulse. You may be dead.
- In order to find your limits, it is sometimes necessary to exceed them. But rarely.
Joe Friel Tenerife Winter Triathlon Camp
Tri Dynamic is delighted to announce that we will be out holding our Joe Friel Winter Triathlon Training Camp on the beautiful Canary island of Tenerife.
Tri Dynamic is delighted to announce that we will be out holding our Joe Friel Winter Triathlon Training Camp on the beautiful Canary island of Tenerife from 21st-28th January 2011. This camp is aimed at triathletes of all abilities who are interested in a week in the sun under the tuition & expert eye of Joe Friel, author of the best selling Training Bible series of books. Joe Friel will be assisted by fellow Training Bible Elite Coach and 8.37 IM Pro, Jim Vance. Each work out will be personally led and managed by Joe Friel and Jim Vance. This is a great opportunity to lay the foundations for your upcoming triathlon season. Tenerife’s unique climate assures mild temperatures that vary between 20 and 25 degrees. The camp will take place at the state of the art Tenerife Top Training which is Normann Stadler's Commerzbank Tri Team's Official Training Venue. The on site facilities observe the highest technical and official standards (FINA, FIFA, etc). You will be spoilt for choice with two world class pools to choose from; a 25m pool, a 10 lane 50m Olympic pool and the most advanced hydrodynamic swim flume channel in the world. There will be professionally guided and supported bike rides around Tenerife’s beautiful scenery including challenging mountain climbs as well as fast flat routes for speed work and handling skills.You will also benefit from Professional Sports Massages from TheTriTouch, Official Team GB masseuses for the World and European Triathlon, Duathlon and Aquathlon Championships. There will be classroom sessions each evening with Joe Friel and Jim Vance as well as a Q&A evening when you get to ask all the questions you want on any triathlon topic. The idea of this camp is to come away having learned how to train and race smarter as well as getting in some winter miles in the sun!
The Camp will take place at Tenerife Top Training. This new facility is one of the most state of the art training destinations in the world. You will stay in a quality 3* hotel.
|More Information: Click here to download document|